By Bernard Lightman
- Provides a single-volume review of present scholarship within the historical past of technological know-how edited by means of one of many major figures within the field
- Features 40 essays through top overseas students delivering an outline of the main debates and advancements within the historical past of science
- Reflects the shift in the direction of deeper historic contextualization in the field
- Helps converse and combine views from the historical past of technological know-how with different components of old inquiry
- Includes dialogue of non-Western topics that are built-in through the chapters
- Divided into 4 sections in accordance with key analytic different types that mirror new methods within the field
Read or Download A Companion to the History of Science (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History) PDF
Similar history & philosophy on science & nature books
On account that its inception, NASA has participated in over 4,000 foreign initiatives, but historians have nearly solely missed this impressive point of the agency's paintings. This groundbreaking paintings is the 1st to track NASA's background in a really foreign context, drawing on unheard of entry to supplier data and group of workers.
In a occupation that integrated Presidential technological know-how consultant to George W. Bush, John Marburger stood at the entrance line of battles that pulled technological know-how deep into the political enviornment. technology controversies, he came upon, are by no means near to technology. As his reflections exhibit, technological know-how can not be protected against public scrutiny and govt supervision.
Annalen der Physik und Chemie by way of Wiedeman G. und E. . This e-book is a duplicate of the unique booklet released in 1897 and should have a few imperfections reminiscent of marks or hand-written notes.
Gravity is the weakest strength within the daily global but it's the most powerful strength within the universe. It used to be the 1st strength to be acknowledged and defined but it's the least understood. it's a 'force' that retains your toes at the flooring but no such strength truly exists. Gravity, to scouse borrow the phrases of Winston Churchill, is 'a riddle, wrapped in a secret, inside of an enigma'.
- Das Ereignis in Wissenschaft, Geschichte, Philosophie und Kunst (German Edition)
- Influences on the Aufbau (Vienna Circle Institute Yearbook)
- The Theory That Would Not Die: How Bayes' Rule Cracked the Enigma Code, Hunted Down Russian Submarines, and Emerged Triumphant from Two Centuries of Controversy
- Unearthing the Nation: Modern Geology and Nationalism in Republican China
- Of Apes and Ancestors: Evolution, Christianity, and the Oxford Debate
Extra resources for A Companion to the History of Science (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History)
A Companion to the History of Science (Wiley Blackwell Companions to World History) by Bernard Lightman