By Leo L. Beranek,Tim Mellow
Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers is a completely up-to-date model of Leo Beranek's vintage 1954 e-book that keeps and expands at the original's particular acoustical basics whereas including sensible formulation and simulation tools.
Serving either as a textual content for college kids in engineering departments and as a reference for working towards engineers, this booklet makes a speciality of electroacoustics, examining the habit of transducers due to electro-mechano-acoustical circuits. Assuming wisdom of electric circuit concept, it begins by means of guiding readers during the fundamentals of sound fields, the legislation governing sound new release, radiation, and propagation, and common terminology. It then strikes directly to examine:
- Microphones (electrostatic and electromagnetic), electrodynamic loudspeakers, earphones, and horns
- Loudspeaker enclosures, baffles, and waveguides
- Miniature purposes (e.g., MEMS in I-Pods and cellphones)
- Sound in enclosures of all sizes, reminiscent of study rooms, places of work, auditoriums, and dwelling rooms
Numerical examples and precis charts are given through the textual content to make the fabric simply appropriate to functional layout. it's a worthwhile source for experimenters, acoustical specialists, and to those that count on being engineering designers of audio equipment.
- An replace for the electronic age of Leo Beranek's vintage 1954 ebook Acoustics
- Provides distinct acoustic basics, allowing higher knowing of complicated layout parameters, dimension tools, and data
- Extensive appendices hide frequency-response shapes for loudspeakers, mathematical formulation, and conversion factors
Read Online or Download Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers PDF
Similar acoustics & sound books
Vibrations force many engineering designs in today’s engineering surroundings. there was an important quantity of study into this region of study during the last decade. This booklet records a few of the newest learn within the box of vibration of composite shells and plates filling a much-needed hole available in the market.
This hugely acclaimed sequence offers survey articles at the current nation and destiny course of study in vital branches of utilized mechanics
Layout and construct impressive audio amps. beginner audiophiles alike can now layout and build better caliber amplifiers at a fragment of similar retail costs with step by step guideline from the High-Power audio Amplifier development guide. Randy Slone, expert audio author and electronics offer marketer, promises the nuts-and-bolts knowledge you want to optimize functionality for any audio system--from domestic leisure to musical software to sound degree.
This e-book provides the speculation of room acoustical fields and revises the replicate resource tools for functional computational use, emphasizing the wave personality of acoustical fields. The provided larger tools contain the recommendations of “Mirror element resources” and “Corner resources which enable for a very good approximation of advanced room geometries or even built rooms.
- Sound Visualization and Manipulation
- The Physical Universe
- Ultrasonic Coal-Wash for De-Ashing and De-Sulfurization: Experimental Investigation and Mechanistic Modeling (Springer Theses)
- Physical Foundations of Technical Acoustics
- Ultrasonics: Fundamentals, Technologies, and Applications, Third Edition (Mechanical Engineering)
- Ultrasonic Guided Waves in Solid Media
Additional info for Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers
Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers by Leo L. Beranek,Tim Mellow