By Dr. Robert J Medford
Read Online or Download Bondservants of God: What We Believe PDF
Best church history books
Persistent, Politics, and the Missouri Synod follows the increase of 2 Lutheran priests - Herman Otten and J. A. O. Preus - who led varied wings of a conservative move that seized keep an eye on of a theologically conservative yet socially and politically average church denomination (LCMS) and drove "moderates" from the church within the Nineteen Seventies.
The Didache is among the earliest Christian writings, in advance of lots of the files that make up the hot testomony. It presents sensible directions on how a Christian group should still functionality, and gives detailed insights into the way in which the earliest Christians lived and worshipped. during this hugely readable advent, Thomas O'Loughlin tells the interesting tale of the Didache, from its discovery within the overdue 19th century to the current.
Hagiography is the main abundantly represented style of Byzantine literature and it deals the most important perception to the advance of non secular inspiration and perform, social and literary lifestyles, and the heritage of the empire. It emerged within the fourth century with the pioneering lifetime of St Antony and persevered to adapt until eventually the tip of the empire within the 15th century, and past.
A full of life and perceptive account of the lives, writings and enduring highbrow legacies of the nice Orthodox theologians of the prior 250 years. This e-book explores and explains the long-lasting impact of a few of the world's maximum glossy theologians. beginning with the impression of the Philokalia in nineteenth-century Russia, the booklet strikes during the Slavophiles, Solov'ev, Florensky in Russia after which lines the tale in the course of the Christian intellectuals exiled from Stalin's Russia - Bulgakov, Berdyaev, Florovsky, Lossky, Lot-Borodine, Skobtsova - and 2 theologians outdoors the Russian global: the Romanian Staniloae and the Serbian Popovich, either one of whom studied in Paris.
- Through the Church Door
- Disfellowshiped: Pentecostal Responses to Fundamentalism in the United States, 1906–1943 (Princeton Theological Monograph Series Book 164)
- Tired of Apologizing for a Church I Don't Belong To: Spirituality without Stereotypes, Religion without Ranting
- Paradigms of the Church in Mission: A Historical Survey of the Church’s Self-Understanding of Being the Church and of Mission
- The Future of the African American Church: An Invitation to Dialogue
- Die Septuaginta - Orte und Intentionen: 5. Internationale Fachtagung veranstaltet von Septuaginta Deutsch (LXX.D), Wuppertal 24.-27. Juli 2014 (Wissenschaftliche ... zum Neuen Testament) (German Edition)
Extra resources for Bondservants of God: What We Believe
Bondservants of God: What We Believe by Dr. Robert J Medford